2008 McGarity Family Christmas Letter
As 2008 comes to a close, we're reminded how much we have to be GRATEFUL for in our lives! This past year has been an amazing, crazy, sometimes scary, but ALWAYS blessed ride for the four of us. So,it's with true THANKS that we give God all the credit for:
1. Ten years of marriage, as of last September. We're best friends, love laughing together, drinking our coffee in the morning, going on movie dates or just hanging out on the couch. Being on this church planting journey has brought us so many blessings as we grow together. If the next 10 years are as good as our first 10, then we have a lot to look forward to.
2. Two happy and healthy boys:
Riley, 8, loves homeschool,Lego's, loves all sports (and is really good at all of them, in our unbiased opinion ;) and is one of the most generous kids you'll ever meet. He's been busy spending his birthday money buying EVERYONE he knows Christmas gifts. He puts a lot of thought into what each person would like and can't wait to wrap everything.
Aidan, 5, loves SpiderMan, Lego's like his big bro, and wrestling with Dad on the floor of the living room. If there was a comedy club that featured 5 year olds, he'd be headlining (his act would likely center a little too much on bodily functions though). He keeps us laughing with his funny faces and phrases. Although he can be a handful, has a very tender heart and says things to us like, "I love God, do you?"
3. Our church family: The people God's brought into our lives through Seven San Diego Church are amazing. They bless us with their support, prayer, acts of kindness and encouraging words. We feel privileged to work/serve with all of them. We look forward to a new year of ministry and anticipate what God is going to do.
4. Our parents, and siblings. They have supported us in SO many different ways as we've worked to bring the dream of a new church to life. To all of you, we want to say a special THANK YOU. You bless us daily.
5. A Savior, who makes all the above possible. Jesus gives our lives meaning and purpose and He waits to do the same for you! Let us know if you'd like to know more!
Please leave us an update on your own lives, how we can be praying for you in 2009.
Jeremy, Janie, Riley and Aidan
Wes Van Fleet said:
I will never forget when Aidan took his shirt off and started yelling, “Poop!” in the microphone at SDCC when you spoke in chapel. I love it!
andrew minchew said:
WOW! wish i could have been there for that! my autistic cousin yelled “IDIOT” as my dad was being ordained as a deacon at our church. LOL!>>MERRY CHRISTMAS SAN DIEGO!
Great blog and thank you for sharing! Love ya McGarity’s. Merry Christmas.
twin power mommy said:
What a great update!>>I love the picture you guys did for the Christmas card this year.>>Can’t wait to see some pics of your guys’ Christmas time!